Henderson State University and Ouachita Baptist University students, faculty and staff have reciprocal borrowing privileges. Patrons must present a valid ID card from their home university for all Circulation transactions. HSU and OBU dependents must present a valid Dependent card from their home university.
HSU faculty and staff retirees may request a Henderson ID at the Dunn Recreation Center; this card may be used as a library card. HSU alumni will receive a free community card upon request.
Community patrons may purchase a Huie Library Community Library Card for a $5.00 fee. An application, printed proof of mailing address within Clark or adjoining counties, and an Arkansas drivers license/ID are required. Patrons under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian when applying for a library card. Per Henderson State University policy, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or other designated adult to enter the library. For more information regarding Community Patrons at Huie Library, please see our Community Patron Policies and Community Computer Use Policy sections.
Library Rules of Conduct
While in the library, the following are prohibited:
- Attempting to take any item from the library without properly checking the item out.
- Smoking or use of tobacco products.
- Verbal or physical abuse of other patrons or staff.
- Sexual misconduct, such as exposure, offensive touching, or sexual harassment of other patrons or staff.
- Bringing in animals other than those authorized by the Henderson State University Security Office.
- Disruptive or unsafe behavior, such as loud talking, screaming, slamming doors, running, fighting, throwing things.
- Engaging in any activity prohibited by law or any conduct that unreasonably interferes with others' use of the library.
- Failing to comply with reasonable staff requests.
Possible consequences for violations:
- Warning from staff.
- Staff will ask patrons to leave the library.
- Henderson State University security will be called in to investigate the matter.
Please be considerate of other patrons in the library. Either turn cell phones off or set ringers to silent. Conduct brief conversations in a low voice. Take extended phone calls outside or to the Cell Phone Zone located near the main entrance to the library.
Last Reviewed: 08/08/2013