Huie Library circulates a wide variety of materials to a number of different types of patrons. Most circulation periods can be found on our Loan Period Chart. In addition, there are a few special cases that are described below. If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the library or call us at 870-230-5258.
The ARKLink Reciprocal Borrowing Program allows current Henderson students, faculty, and staff to borrow materials from participating academic libraries in Arkansas. Request an ARKLink card at the Huie Library Circulation Desk before visiting participating libraries.
Students, faculty, and staff from other academic libraries who wish to borrow materials from Huie Library must present an ARKLink card from their home library and a photo ID.
Privileges are granted on a semester basis.
ARKLink borrowers loan policy:
- 28 day checkout
- Maximum of 3 items, books only
- No renewals
- May not place recalls or holds on materials
- Materials recalled by Henderson patrons must be returned within 7 days. Failure to do so will result in revocation of privileges.
- Only Henderson State University faculty may place items on reserve.
- A Reserve Request Form, also available at the Circulation Desk, must be filled out for each item placed on reserve.
- Reserve material may include Huie Library material or personal items.
- The length of time an item may be checked out will be determined by the instructor.
- Reserve materials should support a specific assignment and meet all copyright restrictions.
- Course-related materials may be placed on reserve for one semester. At the end of the semester, reserve items will be taken off reserve and returned to the instructor or placed back on the shelves.
- Instructors may request that course-related materials, exclusive of library materials, remain on reserve for more than one semester. Those that do not circulate for 365 days will be removed and returned to the instructor.
Students must follow reserve restrictions as set by their instructors. To search for reserved material for your class, use the Course Reserves section of the Online Catalog.
DVD Player Checkout
- DVD players are for library use only.
- DVD players may be checked out at the Circulation Desk by HSU students, faculty and staff only.
- DVD players may be checked out for four hours at a time. Special circumstances will be handled on an individual basis.
- DVD players will be checked out on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Holds will be accepted only if all DVD players are checked out.
- No reservations for specific times will be accepted.
- Broken, damaged, or missing DVD players will result in the patron being charged a replacement charge for the equipment.
A faculty member may authorize a student or staff member to check out materials or pick up interlibrary loans for the faculty member. The faculty member should contact the appropriate service desk to authorize the pickup. Faculty members are responsible for all materials checked out by individuals they authorize.
Holds may be requested on items currently checked out by another patron. Items on hold may not be renewed. If the patron requesting the item does not pick it up within 72 hours, the item will be returned to the shelf.
Overdue Materials, Billing, and Replacement Charges
Notices are sent to patrons when library materials are overdue. Failure to receive a notice does not relieve the patron of the responsibility to return or renew materials within the designated check-out period. Please notify Huie Library's Circulation Desk of address changes in order to assure timely receipt of overdue notices.
Once an item or items have been billed, checkout privileges will be revoked until the item(s) are returned and any applicable charges or fees paid.
Community patrons, faculty/staff dependents, and OBU patrons will be assessed a $5.00 billing fee with each unique billing statement.
Replacement charges for lost or damaged materials will be a minimum of $50.00 per item or the price of the item, whichever is greater. With prior approval by the Collection Development Department, a replacement copy may be accepted.
- Faculty may request a recall on items that have been checked for at least two weeks.
- All patrons may request a recall on items that are overdue.
Materials may be renewed twice if not requested by another patron. To renew an item:
- Bring the item and valid University I.D. or HSU Community Card to the Circulation Desk.
- HSU students, faculty, staff -- Renew items online through your patron library account.
- HSU students, faculty, staff -- Call the Circulation Desk (870-230-5258).
Last Reviewed: 09/07/2012