Henderson State University's Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program provides college students with the opportunity to combine world-class leadership and management training with their other academic studies. Upon successful completion of the program and graduation from college, young men and women become Army Lieutenants in either the active Army or the Reserve components.
Army ROTC is the Best Leadership Course in America. HSU ROTC is looking for the Scholar - Athlete - Leader.
ROTC Equals Long-Term Success. ROTC is the college elective that teaches the decision-making, management skills, leadership, and discipline that will enhance the student’s future success in either a military or a civilian career.
The Edge. ROTC gives the student the edge for success. Army ROTC courses teach you how to succeed in a competitive world in college and beyond.
Financial Assistance. Merit-based scholarships are available to those who qualify. Additionally, those in the program are eligible to receive a monthly tax-free stipend.
As an Army officer, you will become a member of a well-respected profession and immediately are placed into leadership positions of significant responsibility. In addition the opportunity to make a real contribution to the defense of the United States, you receive a competitive salary and benefit package.
Upon earning an officer’s commission, participants in Army ROTC enjoy many benefits often not available to their contemporaries, such as:
- A highly competitive salary and benefit package
- Worldwide travel opportunities and duty assignments
- Supplemental income for life upon retirement from 20 years of Army service
- Paid medical, dental and vision insurance programs
- Life insurance program
- One month of annual paid vacation
- Education benefits that may be transferred to next of kin
- Transition assistance if you elect to reenter civilian life
- Family services